Fox bait distribution - western district
Western Eyre Peninsula landholders are encouraged to collect fox baits from their closest distribution area and talk to their local landscape officer about fox control strategies. Annual distribution days will be taking place at the following locations.
- 2pm in Mudamuckla at the school
- 6pm at Smoky Bay CFS shed
- 9.30am at Poochera pub
- 11.30am at Wirrulla pub
- 9am in Penong at Westies tennis courts
- 9.30am at Haslam CFS shed
- 10am at Yaninee town oval
- 11.30am at Minnipa oval
- 2pm at Mt Damper CFS shed
- 4pm at Warramboo cricket club
- 8.30am at Kyancutta oval
- 9am at Goode at Warren Beatties farm house
- 11am at Charra Hall
- 12pm at Koongawa Hall
- 2.30pm at Wudinna workshop 3 Coleman St
- 9.30am at Calca crossroads
- 11.30am at Inkster at Hull’s driveway
- 1.30pm at Chandada Hall
- 9.30am at Streaky Bay DEWNR shed, opposite silos
- 2pm at Minnipa Sports Club (at SARDI famer meeting)
- 5.30pm in Elliston at Larry Honners shed
Lock: contact Ian Quinn on 0427 261 793 to arrange as required
Ceduna: contact Andrew Sleep on 0428 252 931 to arrange as required
The 1080 meat baits are prepared by landscape board staff with eligible landholders able to purchase them for fox control for $1.50 per bait as per the statewide Landscape SA Pest Control Pricing Policy. At distribution days, a 20% discount applies.
Land managers are reminded to bring along a bucket with a sealable lid when collecting baits or they are available to purchase for $12. The baits are frozen semi dried meat which is best kept frozen until use. Land managers will also be required to provide the section numbers for the properties they intend to bait.
If a landholder is intending to send a third party to collect their baits, please contact us in advance so that the correct paperwork can be completed and we are able to facilitate the distribution.
Alternative commercially produced fox baits such as Foxoff may also be purchased at some distribution locations. Payment by EFTPOS is preferred.