24 May 2021 until 23 June 2021
Do you have a great pic that features our amazing Eyre Peninsula landscapes, fresh water sources, sustainable agriculture, pest plants & animals, our region’s biodiversity, or the community taking part in landscape management?
We’d love you to share them with us!
We are looking for the best photos that showcase Eyre Peninsula’s landscapes and the priorities of the Eyre Peninsula Landscape Board. These priorities are sustainable agriculture, water, pest plants & animals, biodiversity and community.
Entries should focus on and tell us something about one of these five priorities in the area of the Eyre Peninsula that you live in.
A $200 gift voucher will be awarded to the photo judged best in each of the following six categories:
- Water (relating to fresh water including creeks and wetlands, and managing water, e.g. a farm dam or creek at dusk, collecting a water sample)
- Sustainable agriculture (including general farming work such as seeding or feeding sheep)
- Pest plants & animals (for example, rabbits on your property or spraying of local weeds)
- Biodiversity (including important coastal, estuarine and in-land habitats and species)
- Community (relating to people being involved in landscape management, making sure you have permission to photograph the person/s as per the competition T&Cs)
- Landscape/scenery (for example, a sunset photo of your farm)
Entries must be emailed to EPLBAdmin@sa.gov.au.
Please copy and fill out the below details in the email body with your photo/s attached:
Photo description (including location & names of any identifiable person/s in the photo):
Which category are you entering?
All entries must be received by 9pm on Wednesday, 23 June 2021. Only electronic copies of entries will be accepted and entrants must be aged 18+. There is a limit of two (2) entries per category per entrant.
By entering this competition, entrants have read and understand the Rules, Term and Conditions of entry and accept the entry requirements.
1. Employees of the Eyre Peninsula Landscape Board, the Department for Environment and Water, Board members and their immediate family are permitted to enter but will be ineligible to win a prize.
2. The entrant grants the Eyre Peninsula Landscape Board permission to exhibit the image, reproduce the image on the landscape.sa.gov.au/ep website or other digital media, including social media, and in collateral promoting the Eyre Peninsula Landscape Board.
3. Any use of entered images will be appropriately credited.
4. If the photo contains images of a person or persons, entrants must have obtained the written permission of those persons (and of their parent/legal guardian if those persons are under the age of 18) for the submission of their photo to the competition as well as for the use of the photo described herein. Eyre Peninsula Landscape Board will not be responsible for any claims or complaints alleging violation of rights of third parties.
5. You must be a resident of Australia, with an Australian mailing address, to be eligible to win a prize.
6. The entrant must be the creator of the image.
7. Entries must not exceed two (2) photos per category per entrant.
8. Images must have been created in the past 24 months and be taken in the Eyre Peninsula region of South Australia.
9. Entrants can only submit to the competition original works for which they are the sole creator and own the copyright. Copyright of the image remains with the photographer.
10. The entrant indemnifies the Eyre Peninsula Landscape Board against any claim, legal or otherwise, that may arise out of publication of the image.
11. By entering any image into this competition the entrant guarantees to the Eyre Peninsula Landscape Board that the entry requirements have been met and that the entrant accepts all the Rules and Terms and Conditions of the competition.
12. This is not a game of chance.
13. The prize winner will be judged on the premises of the Eyre Peninsula Landscape Board at 86 Tasman Tce, Port Lincoln after 23 June 2021.
14. The winners of the competition will be selected by an impartial panel. The panel's decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
15. The prize cannot be bartered and is not redeemable for cash.
16. Eyre Peninsula Landscape Board reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any entry and/or entrant (including an entrant's identity and address) and to ask for evidence of third party's consent to the collection and or publication of their images.
17. Photos of wildlife should be taken in a way that adheres with the following ethical requirements: Wildlife must be photographed in a way that does not threaten or cause harm and does not break any laws. In particular, photos using call playback, photos of nesting birds at the nest with young or eggs, or photos taken using live baits are not permitted. If a photo appears to have been taken in contravention of these requirements, in a way that may have caused some risk to the wildlife, or may have been illegally taken, it may be disqualified without notice. More information on photo ethics can be found on the BirdLife Photography website: https://www.birdlifephotography.org.au/index.php/about-us/our-code-of-ethics
18. If you plan on using a drone for photography, it must comply with the various aviation regulations and wildlife regulations. Please note drones are not able to be flown in National Parks or reserves without obtaining a permit first. Drone distance restrictions also apply to certain wildlife species, including marine mammals and birds. Drone photography will be ineligible if it is considered in contravention of any these requirements.