Join our team - job vacancies
Join our team
The Kangaroo Island (KI) Landscape Board is currently seeking someone for the role of:
The Business Manager is a critical role within a Senior Management Team committed to delivering impactful environmental outcomes across Kangaroo Island.
The role provides whole of organisation strategic and operational financial oversight and is responsible for an annual budget of approximately $8.5 million AUD. The role manages a small team and as such is engaged at both an overarching managerial and compliance level, while also being involved in the daily financial operations of the business.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and innovative senior manager with a strong, agile and modern approach to financial management.
Key outcomes include:
- KI Landscape Board finances are well managed with a focus on organisational compliance and the delivery of on-ground outcomes through supported budget management.
- Provides financial advice and analysis to the KI Landscape Board and General Manager on all strategic and operational aspects of financial management for the organisation.
- Drives long-term organisational forecasting, budget planning and cost management.
- Efficiencies are increased through streamlining and maintaining business functions, systems, policies and procedures.
- Lead the business management unit through empowering and motivating staff and ensuring capacity exists to deliver on agreed work plans.
- Provision of timely and accurate financial information to the Senior Management Team and project leaders.
- Positively contribute to the KI Landscape Board team and organisational culture.
The following technical, professional/knowledge and experience (including qualifications) is required:
- Experience in the timely preparation, review, analysis and summary of whole of organisation budgets, financial statements and financial reports, with an ability to identify problems and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to provide staff with accurate and timely advice and support on financial and budget management matters.
- Knowledge of current accounting standards and associated procedures.
- Proven ability to use initiative and work with a high degree of autonomy and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex information in a simple way, with a focus on ensuring engagement in financial and business administration decision-making.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to motivate and inspire others to work together as a team to achieve objectives and operate effectively in an environment of continual change.
- Proven ability to: contribute to a workplace culture of safety, welfare and wellbeing and adhere to organisational Work Health and Safety values, policies, procedures and current legislation.
- Knowledge and experience with accounting systems and software tools and ability to rapidly learn and utilise new systems.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field is highly desirable.
- Location: Kingscote, Kangaroo Island
- Job status: Long-term contract
How to apply:
To apply for the role please provide a covering letter detailing why you are attracted to the role and what you’d bring to it, a current CV and address against the above selection criteria. As a guide no more than 150 words per criteria. Apply online with I Work For SA, Vacancy Number 499691
If you'd like to know more then please call or email Will Durack, KILB General Manager - via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0427 541 751.
If you can see yourself working with the Kangaroo Island Landscape Board, but don't exactly fit the selection criteria, we’d still be keen to hear from you. We recruit for organisational fit and would be good to have a conversation to understand your skills and experience more fully.
The KI Landscape Board values flexible working arrangements and encourages conversation about how to make the Landscape Board work for you.
ASO6 $95,588 - $101,109 per annum
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Sunday 9 October 2022 at 10:00 pm
For more information, including application requirements and the role description please go to I Work For SA.
General Manager, Kangaroo Island Landscape Board
35 Dauncey Sreet Kingscote, SA 5223
08 8553 2476