KI Narrow-leaved Mallee On-ground Works Fund
KI Narrow-leaved Mallee On-ground Works Funding supports individuals, farm businesses and community groups to protect and enhance KI Narrow-leaved Mallee Woodland (NLM). It is funded through the project: Recovering the Kangaroo Island Narrow-Leaved Mallee Woodland Threatened Ecological Community through local landscape action.
Eligible projects include:
- Fencing to protect remnant native vegetation in blocks and along watercourses from livestock.
- Fencing to protect pollarded patches of NLM.
- Fencing to protect revegetation from livestock and native browsers.
- Planting native trees and shrubs to extend existing vegetation or create or strengthen vegetation corridors.
- Direct seeding of native plants to extend or improve the structure of existing vegetation or create or strengthen vegetation corridors.
Projects are prioritised. The Narrow-leaved Mallee Project Officer is available to assist you with your application.
The KI Narrow-leaved Mallee On-ground Works Fund is currently closed and is expected to open again in July 2022.
More information regarding the project: Recovering the Kangaroo Island Narrow Leaved Mallee Woodland Threatened Ecological Community through local landscape action is available here.
This project is supported by the Kangaroo Island Landscape Board, through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program.
35 Dauncey Street, Kingscote, SA 5223