The Grassroots Grants Program
The Kangaroo Island Landscape Board is pleased to offer the Grassroots Grants Program to individuals, community groups and other not-for-profit organisations looking to undertake projects that benefit the Kangaroo Island environment and community.
Grants are available to individuals and community groups for one or two year projects valued between $1,000 and $8,000 per year, to help improve the Kangaroo Island landscape.
Projects must be aligned to one or more of the Kangaroo Island Landscape Board’s five priorities:
- A connected community at the centre of decision making
- Healthy terrestrial and marine ecosystems and biodiversity
- Sustainable primary production and the island’s economy
- Effective water management
- Effective terrestrial and marine pest management
The type of activities that can be funded through the Grassroots Grants include:
- weed management (priority will be given to weed management coordinated across neighbouring properties, or weed management with biodiversity or agricultural outcomes)
- pest or disease management
- fencing of native vegetation or revegetation
- erosion management
- water or wetland management
- sustainable agriculture trials
- educational activities
- raising community awareness and participation in landscape management.
Applications open on 29 March 2021 and close on 30 April 2021.
All applications must be submitted online via the SmartyGrants portal.
Please read the Guidelines for Applicants about the grants, eligibility, and the application process before applying. The Frequently Asked Questions are also a handy read.
If you need any assistance completing your application through SmartyGrants, please contact:
Bec Mussared on 8553 4421 or Sharon Gullickson on 8553 4414 during business hours
or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org