Prescribed burn at Flinders Chase National Park (Gosselands)
26 April 2019
- The prescribed burn will start at 10.30am Friday and should be complete by 6pm, Sunday 28 April 2019.
- It will affect about 315 hectares along Playford Highway within Flinders Chase National Park (Gosselands)
- Traffic detours and restrictions will be in place along The Playford and West End Highways
- A significant smoke column will be produced during this burn. This is normal for burns of this size and smoke may continue to be visible in the area for several days afterwards.
- There will be no public access to the fire area during the burn.
The burn will be carried out by the Department for Environment and Water (DEW) with the assistance of the CFS and KIPT. Crews will remain on site until it is safe to leave and patrols will continue until the site is safe.
The objective of this burn is to reduce fuels in the area to prevent the spread of bushfire. It is part of a statewide program of prescribed burning planned to protect communities and assets at risk.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.
Communications & Media Coordinator
08 8553 4444