Landscape Education is an integrated environmental education program offering free activities and support to schools with landscape education in the Limestone Coast.
The Limestone Coast Landscape Board believes in the philosophy of environmental education. Children and young people are directly impacted by the landscape management of yesterday and today. Allowing children to learn about natural environmental functions and then providing them with an understanding of conservation methods and sustainable management practices is vital in continuing to protect our resources.
Landscape Education delivers 2 key initiatives:
- Young Environmental Leadership Programs (YELP) – a series of forums to encourage youth voice and action on regional environmental and sustainability issues.
- Connecting with Nature (CwN) – provide experiences for youth to connect with nature in our parks.
We also provide the following support to the school-based community free of charge:
- Professional Development (PD) sessions for teachers on a range of regional landscape and environmental topics.
- School Environmental Management Plans (SEMP) – assistance with developing a tailored SEMP for your school.
- Landscape Education Email Network – receive up to date information on school grants, PD’s, competitions, events, new resources and support.
- Resources and equipment – there is a library of education resources, posters and equipment available for loan. Please contact us for more information.
Landscape Education is funded by the regional land levy, supporting youth and educators to be informed and play an active role in landscape management.
Click here to access the Teacher Information Pack for 2021