In dry times it is important to make risk management decisions early.
A series of factsheets have been produced by Primary Industries and Regions SA and Department for Environment and Water with the support of MacKillop Farm Management Group and Sheep Connect SA.
- Livestock management options
- Feed budgeting in a drought
- Drought management checklist for livestock
- Calculating supplementary feed amounts - Sheep
- Calculating supplementary feed amounts - Cattle
- Ration formulation using the ‘Pearson Square’
- Basic ration diet formulation
- Calculating dry matter intakes
- Dry matter vs As fed
- Comparing the costs of feed
Please visit our Biodiversity page on our website for a series of factsheets and information to assist with revegetation planning and preparation.
A farmer’s health and land go hand in hand During dry times it is important to take care of your health and look out for others in your community. This flyer lists details of health and financial support services available in the region for South East Rural Communities. Download Flyer
Handy Tools and Tips from Sheep Connect Sheep connect has compiled a list of very useful websites for managing dry conditions including climate tools, stocking rates, feeding sheep, managing pastures, diseases and much more. Click here to see the range of information and tools available.
Regional Agriculture Landcare Facilitator
08 8735 1204