- Proactive Decision Making- "The quicker you can make decisions, the better you feel, the better your farm is, the more options you’ve got at the end of the dry season"- Todd Woodard, Peel Pastoral
Latest Industry Resources
- Sheepconnect SA- Information on Grazing Management
- MLA Information on Drought Management
Factsheets & Guides
- More Beef from Pastures- Information on Grazing Management
- AWI Publications-Which sheep do I keep? When confronted with a pasture shortage, sheep producers must determine whether to sell or supplementary feed all, some or none of the flock.Managing Sheep in Drought Lots A best practice guide for confining sheep in dry periods.Managing fodder prices for droughts A best practice sheep producers guide to forward plan and decide how much fodder to store and fodder buying strategies during a drought.Feeding and Managing Sheep in dry times(892kb pdf) A book on the foundations of making decisions about feeding sheep during dry times.
Apps and Calculators
- Stocktake PlusA tool to help you capture data for analysis, manage your resources and understand your property overtime.
- Ag Excellence Alliance Apps DirectoryA directory of many useful apps including function descriptions and reviews.
Below is a list of YouTube clips for help with confinement feeding developed by the Birchip Cropping Group in Victoria.