In our region, bushfire is a real threat. Be sure to understand your bushfire risk so you can prepare your property and know what to do if a bushfire starts. Preparing for a bushfire will not only help to mitigate the impact of fire on people, homes, animals and businesses but also helps to protect our regions natural resources.
To prepare for this bushfire season:
Bushfire Ready Resources
- Your guide to bushfire safety - bushfires can start suddenly without warning - are you ready?
- Prepare your home and property - keeping your home and property well prepared throughout the year is essential to ensure you survive a bushfire. A well prepared home is more likely to survive a bushfire than one that hasn't been prepared
- Native vegetation management - rules have been introduced to help manage bushfire risks and protect lives and property, while minimising the impacts on native vegetation, animals and their ecosystems
- Reducing fuel strategically - managing native vegetation to reduce fuel strategically
- Constructing a fuel break - managing native vegetation to construct a fuel break
- Constructing a fire access track - managing native vegetation to construct a fire access track
- 5 Minute Bushfire Plan - is simple to create with recommended information that you can click on to include in your plan
- Preparing for emergencies - emergencies can strike at anytime, anywhere and without warning.