250120- Notice of Intent- Fox baiting in DEW Reserves
25 January 2021
Fox baiting in DEW Reserves
The Department for Environment and Water (DEW) hereby issues an intent to undertake an aerial and ground based non retrieval fox baiting program in reserves and associated beaches in the following areas:
- Piccaninnie Ponds Conservation Park (ground)
- Canunda National park (aerial and ground)
- Beachport Conservation Park (ground)
- Little Dip Conservation Park (ground)
- Coroong National Park (aerial and ground)
1080 POISON meat baits will be laid to destroy foxes and protect native fauna. Baits will not be retrieved, therefore it should be assumed that there are always active baits within reserves. Permanent warning signs are erected at all park entrances.
Baiting will occur during the following times
- Aerial – November 2020 and March 2021
- Ground – November 2020, March 2021, June 2021
THESE BAITS ARE LETHAL TO PETS. Please ensure pets are correctly managed during baiting period. The Department accepts no responsibility for pets that may be poisoned.
This project is supported by the Limestone Coast Landscape Board, through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program for the protection of shorebirds in the South East.
For enquiries call Limestone Coast Landscape Board(08) 8735 1177.
Your Local Landscape Officers