Find our Riverland Fungi
29 July 2021
Fungi are an essential component of the ecosystem but little is known about their distribution in the Riverland area and the health of their populations.
We are keen to learn more about Riverland fungi so we’re creating a second ‘Find our Fungi’ book. The aim of the book is to create fungi enthusiasm and promote community fungi monitoring to help us build knowledge and understanding.
This is where we need your help!
We’ve created a list of the 13 target species but we need some images. Images will initially be used internally to help us get familiar with them, with the possibility of being included in the book itself.
13 target species
- Cortinarius erythraeus
- Entoloma viridimarginatum
- Limacella pitereka
- Austropaxillus infundibuliformis
- Oligoporus pelliculosus (was Postia pelliculosa)
- Trametes coccinea (was Pycnoporus coccineus)
EARTHSTARS & PUFFBALLS
- Battarrea phalloides (was Battarrea stevenii)
- Geastrum fornicatum
- Geastrum pectinatum
- Oudemansiella (Cribbea) turbinispora
- Poronia erici
- Aleurina ferruginea
Please complete the photo consent form and email your images to firstname.lastname@example.org