Regional Agriculture Landcare Facilitator
The Regional Agriculture Landcare Facilitator (RALF) is a key component of the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program, with one RALF allocated to each of Australia’s 56 NRM regions. The RALF for the Murraylands and Riverland region primarily works with farmers and industry groups to identify and address key issues regarding sustainable agriculture in the region.
The RALF will:
- engage with farmers, land managers, community groups and farming systems groups to deliver agricultural outcomes that will improve sustainability, productivity and profitability
- Facilitate partnerships that will best deliver agriculture outcomes, such as connecting industry, grower and community groups so that they can work together to address issues of common concern
- Assisting farmers, farming groups, community groups and agricultural industries to develop new projects and seek funding, membership and resources for landscape management activities
- supporting the development, promotion, delivery, and evaluation of current NLP funded projects within the region
- supporting the delivery of capacity-building activities such as workshops and farm demonstrations
- informing farmers, community groups and agricultural industries within their management unit about emerging ideas, climate change activities, on‐farm biosecurity and chemicals management, innovative practices and relevant new government policy to help improve the sustainability, productivity and profitability of agriculture.
For more information about the Regional Landcare Facilitator program please email or phone mobile: 0408 416 684.
Murryalands and Riverland Landscape Board
This project is supported by the Murraylands and Riverland Landscape Board through funding from the Australian Government's National Landcare Program.
Murraylands and Riverland Landscape Board
110A Mannum Road, Murray Bridge, SA, 5253