Working together for water sustainability in the Clare Valley
08 September 2021
Hosted by the Northern and Yorke Landscape Board, the Clare Valley's Water Sustainability forum is about connecting grape growers, graziers, landholders and the community with the latest data and expert insights into our region's water resources.
- Learn about the health of our surface and ground water systems and what this means for future water demands.
- Do you rely on water? Get involved in shaping future plans and projects to support sustainable water management in the Clare Valley.
- Find out how to take an active role in caring for the health and condition of natural water environments in your local area.
You'll hear about:
- Surface and ground water monitoring and the current demand on these resources
- Case study: Barossa Water Security Strategy project.
- A snapshot of the Clare Valley Grape & Wine Association's review of the current Water Allocation Plan by Edge Environment consultant Andy Chambers.
- Water planning in the Northern and Yorke region, including WAPs for the Clare Valley, Barossa and Baroota.
- Plans for a community monitoring program for pools and watercourses this spring.
- Q&A about key issues raised.
For more information, contact Planning Officer Jennifer Munro on 8841 3444.
Register for a free ticket to this event.
FREE Bore Testing
A salinity test of your irrigation bore supply is available by attending the forum. Please bring along a bore sample in a clean 500ml plastic bottle with your bore number, which should be listed on your water licence. The sample should be taken after the pump has been operating for about 10 minutes to ensure the sample is representative of the aquifer water. This testing and notification process will take several weeks.
The Valleys Lifestyle Centre
180 Main North Road, Clare SA 5453