Community Leadership Training Mannahill
In this Changemaker Workshop, be prepared to unlock your potential to create positive change
It's a two-day leadership development program that bringing together passionate community members ready to create positive impact and drought preparedness.
Over the course, the Changemaker Workshop (part of the Helping Regional Communities Prepare for Drought Initiative) is designed to foster self-awareness, community engagement, resilience, leadership skills, and the ability to drive positive change while considering diverse perspectives and community well-being. By understanding the process of change, embracing diverse perspectives and community engagement, you’ll be equipped to create a meaningful impact in the context of drought resilience and beyond.
The course will be held at Mannahill Racecourse 27-28 May, 2024.
Who is eligible for the workshop?
If you want to play a more active role in your community? Do you want to see things change and become a changemaker, influencer or community advocate? Are you an adult who is committed to exploring new avenues for building thriving communities? If so, this program is for you.
Become a changemaker
- Assess your region’s readiness for change.
- Explore how change happens and how to overcome resistance.
- Learn what it takes to be a positive change agent, have the drive to build new things, how to manage setbacks and work creatively and purposefully with others.
Start community conversations
- Understand the ecosystem purposeful, inclusive engagement and robust and authentic conversations create.
- Learn how to have those conversations, suspend judgement and assumptions, and build trust and transparency for connection and diverse relationships.
Care for your community
- Unpack what forms and shapes a community.
- Learn how a community can be more inclusive.
- Considering the impacts of drought, trauma and other events, get tools to better support others and balance giving and taking within a community.
Shape your community
- Explore ideas to shape the future you would like to see for your community.
- Understand the importance of language and the power of storytelling in motivating and mobilising others.
- Learn what makes a good story and how to connect with the hearts and minds of others.
Is there a cost to be involved?
This Changemaker Workshop is free thanks to the Australian Government’s Future Drought Fund. It is delivered by the Australian Rural Leadership Foundation (ARLF) in partnership with the Foundation for Rural Regional Renewal and part of the Helping Regional Communities Prepare for Drought Initiative.
The Australian Rural Leadership Foundation has been at the forefront of rural, regional and remote leadership development in Australia for more than 30 years. As a trusted provider, the ARLF has successfully delivered more than 126 transformational leadership programs that empower people to initiate meaningful change within their communities, organisations and industries. With a network of more than 2,500 alumni across diverse sectors including industry, community, not-for-profits, corporate, government, and family farms, ARLF alumni play a crucial role in creating thriving rural, regional and remote communities that contribute to the strength of the nation.
Registrations are essential at https://events.humanitix.com/c...
0427 413 345