Parks in our region
The SA Arid Lands region has a network of parks and reserves, which are a vital community asset. They are critical for the long term protection of our natural and cultural heritage and also offer our growing tourism industry a limitless number of memorable experiences in harmony with conservation.
- Gawler Ranges National Park
- Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park
- Innamincka Regional Reserve
- Kanku-Breakaways Conservation Park
- Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre National Park
- Lake Gilles Conservation Park
- Lake Torrens National Park
- Malkumba-Coongie Lakes National Park
- Munga-Thirri–Simpson Desert Conservation Park and Regional Reserve
- The Dutchmans Stern Conservation Park
- Vulkathunha-Gammon Ranges National Park
- Wabma Kadarbu Mound Springs Conservation Park
- Witjira National Park.
Buy a Parks Pass
Find out more about parks passes (including the Desert Parks Pass) from National Parks South Australia.
Buy a map
Mapland sells a range of products from the Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources mapping and aerial photography library. Some map stocks are available at the Natural Resources Centre Port Augusta.
Know before you go
Find out current information about desert parks (conditions and closures) in the Desert Parks Bulletin.
The South Australian Tourism Commission has useful visitor information about the Flinders Ranges and Outback.