To ensure the safety of the community, all events are held in a COVID-safe manner.
Climate Smart Farming forum
Thursday May 6 - Encounter Bay
With a focus on graziers, this forum will feature local farmers plus experts discussing how you can farm smarter in the future.
Full program here
- Sustainable livestock production in a changing climate
- Soil health
- Regenerative agriculture in action
- Water and weather
- Biodiversity and ecosystem services on-farm
Book online at Eventbrite
Christine Jones presents: Your land, your soil, your future - soil restoration for graziers
Monday May 24 - Kuitpo
Dr Christine Jones holds a PhD in soil biochemistry and is an internationally recognised speaker. At this workshop she will show how grazing management designed to maximise the power of photosynthesis can create healthy soils, and will cover:
- building soil through a 'liquid carbon' pathway
- linking the life in soil to plant, animal and human health
- the role of nitrogen and phosphorus
- a farm walk to observe these ideas in action.
This project is supported by the Department of Primary Industries and Regions South Australia, the Adelaide Hills Council, and the Hills and Fleurieu Landscape Board through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program.