New landscape boards formed on 1 July 2020 replacing the previous Adelaide and Mt Lofty Ranges Natural Resource Management Board (and others across the state). This area is now covered by the Green Adelaide Board, Hills and Fleurieu Landscape Board and part of the Northern and Yorke Landscape Board.
The previous NRM Education (now “Nature Education”) teams still reside with Green Adelaide, Murraylands and Riverland and Northern and Yorke. Unfortunately the Hills and Fleurieu Landscape Board does not currently have capacity for a school-based nature education program or staff. Green Adelaide do however, offer a suite of professional development opportunities for school teachers involved in Nature Education.
In order to access support for your school, you may like to:
- subscribe to the weekly e-newsletter from Green Adelaide firstname.lastname@example.org
- view the resources available for teachers on the Green Adelaide website.
- apply for a 2021/22 Hills and Fleurieu Grassroots Grant (for schools within the Board region) - subscribe to our monthly Regional Landcare news e-newsletter to find out more when they are released here.
- reach out to your local Environment/Natural Resources Centre (Strathalbyn, Normanville or Willunga) to connect with local environmental experts
- encourage students to join either the Murraylands and Riverland Youth Environment Leadership Programs (YELPs), Youth Environment Council (YEC), Climate Ready Schools (CRS) and other cluster programs contact email@example.com