The Grassroots Grants program supports individuals, volunteers, community groups and other organisations working on a not-for-profit basis, with local landscape management projects.
This page provides application details; as well as key information and documentation to support successful applicants during their project.
Read about our 2020-21 successful applicants.
Applying for a 2021-22 Grassroots Grant
Applications for our 2021-22 Grassroots Grants Program closed onJune 23, 2021.
Applications needed to be submitted online through the SmartyGrants portal. Funding will be awarded to projects on a competitive basis and we expect to fund a range of projects across the region that address our priority areas of water, sustainable agriculture, pest plants and animals, biodiversity and community.
- Please read the guidelines document to guide you through the application process.
- See our Frequently Asked Questions document for more details.
- This excerpt from our 2021-22 Business Plan, outlines our priorities of water, sustainable agriculture, pest plants and animals, biodiversity and community.
Support documents for successful applicants
The below information and documentation is provided to support successful applicants meet our funding conditions during their project.
- The draft Grassroots Grants agreement template is an example of what applicants will receive when their project has been successful in obtaining a Grassroots Grant.
- Photopoint monitoring is a simple yet effective method for recording physical changes at a given location over time. This photopoint monitoring factsheet provides a guideline on how to set up, use and document photopoints, which will help to track the outcomes of your project.
- To assist project managers in their photopoint monitoring, a photopoint monitoring field data sheet template is available as an editable Word document and a PDF. Use this template when first establishing the photopoint site and when re-visiting for later photos.
- Completion and evaluation report template for projects that included on-ground works, as an editable Word document and a PDF.
- Completion and evaluation report template for projects that had NO on-ground works, as an editable Word document and a PDF.
- An Acquittal Statement Template, as an editable Word document and a PDF. Please note that this is also an attachment in the grant agreement template.
Manager of Planning and Engagement