Permits and licences
Water licence and permit forms
Download forms for prescribed water resources areas for the McLaren Vale PWA or Western Mount Lofty Ranges or Eastern Mount Lofty Ranges below, and apply using the instructions on the forms.
- McLaren Vale PWA - Click here (and scroll down to McLaren Vale) or call 8463 6876.
- Western Mount Lofty Ranges - Click here (and scroll down to Western Mount Lofty Ranges) or call 8463 6876.
- Eastern Mount Lofty Ranges - Click here (and scroll down to Eastern Mount Lofty Ranges) or call 8595 2053.
To apply for an activity relating to wells, well driller's licences, notations of interest, using effluent or imported water and general meter testing, please use a statewide form.
For water licence enquiries:
- relating to the McLaren Vale PWA or Western Mount Lofty Ranges PWRA – 08 8463 6876
- relating to the Eastern Mount Lofty Ranges PWRA – 08 8595 2053
For water affecting activity permits enquiries:
- relating to the construction or enlargement of dams or structures to collect or divert water - 08 8391 7500
- relating to a watercourse (e.g. construction activities such as culverts, crossings, bridges and fences, depositing fill and rocks, removal of vegetation etc) – 08 8391 7500
- relating to wells (e.g. drilling, backfilling, repairing, replacing etc.) – 08 8735 1134
Permits and licences are required for the following water resources areas because they are covered by a Water Allocation Plan (WAP). A WAP is a legal document that sets out the rules for managing the take and use of prescribed water resources areas to ensure resource sustainability.
Hills and Fleurieu Landscape Board
(08) 8391 7500