Regenerative Agriculture Farmer Groups
There are currently four regenerative agriculture farmer groups active in the Hills and Fleurieu region. These groups were formed after the Hills and Fleurieu Sustainable Agriculture team organised a regenerative agriculture workshop in Strathalbyn on November 24 2021. Feedback from farmers at this workshop clearly articulated what they wanted from a regenerative agriculture network:
- the formation of small, local farmer groups to reduce travel time
- a forum for sharing of ideas and to enable peer to peer learning
- an opportunity to share resources - grants, machinery, labour
- mentors system and guest speakers
- on farm walks and property visits
- larger 'whole of network events' with a range of expert presenters
As a result of this feedback, 4 groups were created across the region, forming the Hills and Fleurieu Regenerative Agriculture network:
- Central Hills Regenerative Agriculture Group - contact Jim Mead - email@example.com
- Upper Fleurieu / Future Farmers Regenerative Agriculture group - contact Sam Ryan - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eastern Mt Lofty Ranges Regenerative Agriculture group - contact Rowena Danks - email@example.com
- Southern Fleurieu Regenerative Agriculture group - contact Jim Mead - firstname.lastname@example.org
The groups generally meet bi-monthly for farm walks / sticky beak days on one of their group members' properties.
E-mail the relevant contact if you would like to join your nearest group.