How we track progress
Monitoring at local and regional scales helps us to establish:
- a baseline understanding of the condition of our natural resources
- whether the condition of natural resources is improving or declining and the context of these changes
- whether our management activities are making a difference.
Information for monitoring is collated from a broad range of sources including:
Monitoring, evaluation, reporting and improvement programs in our region
Measuring and evaluating program outcomes and improving our knowledge and practice as a result are vital steps in the Northern and Yorke Landscape Board's programs and planning for the future.
Our monitoring programs:
- contribute to state and nation-wide monitoring and evaluation programs and local natural resource management goals
- help the Landscape Board meet its obligations to funding partners
- ensure our programs and activities are consistent with sustainable management of the region's landscapes.
A monitoring, evaluation, reporting and improvement framework has been developed and outlines the context, process and tools needed for successful monitoring, evaluation, reporting and improvement (MERI) at all levels.