Permits are required for some activities that affect native plants and animals.

  • Native vegetation clearance forms relate to applications to clear native vegetation and regrowth management. Find out more about native vegetation.

  • Animals in captivity permits relate to keeping and selling native animals, emu farming, rodeos, and research or teaching licences.

  • Animals in the wild permits relate to taking native animals from the wild, destruction of native animals including kangaroos, snake catchers, rescue, possums, and research or teaching permits.

  • Plant permits relate to the collection of native seeds and fruits.

  • Scientific permits relate to undertaking scientific research on a reserve, in a wilderness area or involving protected species of flora and fauna.