Permits and licences

Please note: Water application forms lodged after 2pm on 18 June may not be determined in the same financial year.

Water licence and permit forms

Download a form for the Clare Valley prescribed water resources area from the list below and apply using the instructions on the form.

To apply for an activity relating to wells, well driller's licences, notations of interest, using effluent or imported water and general meter testing, please use a statewide form.

Find out whether you need to apply for a water licence or permit.

For questions about the forms phone:

  • water licence enquiries (excluding the Clare Valley) - (08) 8463 6876
  • water licence enquiries regarding the Clare Valley - (08) 8595 2053
  • well permit enquiries - (08) 8735 1134.

Permits and licences are required for the following prescribed water resources areas because they are covered by a Water Allocation Plan (WAP). A WAP is a legal document that sets out the rules for managing the take and use of prescribed water resources to ensure resource sustainability. Find out more information about what a WAP is and why they are important.

Clare Valley, Barossa, Marne Saunders, Western Mt Lofty Ranges, Eastern Mt Lofty Ranges, Adelaide Plains


New water licence

Transfer of a water licence

Transfer water allocation

Vary water licence

Special meter reading

Use imported water (for use in the Clare Valley PWRA). Other useful forms are available here.