Murraylands and Riverland Landscape Board World Soils Day Competition
Terms and Conditions
- The competition opens at 9:00am on Tuesday 5 December 2023
- The competition ends at 11:59pm Wednesday 31 January 2024
- Competition winners will be notified by phone by Friday 16 February 2024.
- To enter, go to landscape.sa.gov.au/mr/WSDcomp and complete and submit the entry form.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Three entrants will be drawn at random from the entrants.
- Soil samples will be taken from 4 sites on the property of each winner, with nutrient and biological laboratory testing will be undertaken from each soil sample at no cost to the winner. Each winner will be provided with 2 consultation sessions with the landscape board’s Soil Extension Officer, at no cost to the winner.
- Non-cash prizes are not exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Murraylands and Riverland Landscape Board.
- Any costs associated with the use of prizes are to be covered by the winner.
- The organiser of the competition is the Murraylands and Riverland Landscape Board (the board) of Level 1, Sturt Centre, 2 Sturt Reserve Road, Murray Bridge 5253, ABN 78 879 031 800.
- By participating in this competition, entrants agree to abide by competition rules and regulations.
- Entrants must be landholders within the Murraylands and Riverland landscape board region.
- Entrants must operate a farming enterprise of at least 150 acres / 60 hectares (dryland) or 20 acres / 8 hectares (irrigated).
- Land holdings include owned, leased and share farmed land.
- The competition entry period commences at 9.00am 5 December 2023 and ends at 11:59pm Wednesday 31 January 2024.
- The landscape board is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries. The landscape board is not responsible for the accuracy of entrants’ information or personal details.
- The landscape board reserves the right to request proof of identity of all winners. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the board. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, DEW in its absolute discretion may disqualify the winner.
- The landscape board reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant suspected of tampering with the entry process.
- The competition is open to all persons except employees of Murraylands and Riverland Landscape Board, Department for Environment and Water and their immediate families.
- To participate entrants must complete and submit the form available at landscape.sa.gov.au/mr/WSDcomp, including all required fields.
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the landscape board and which prevents the board from complying with these terms and conditions, The landscape board will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
- The landscape board, its employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this competition, the promotion of the competition or the use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The landscape board collects personal information about entrants for the purpose of running this competition. Entry details remain the property of the board. Entrants consent to the landscape board using personal information provided in connection with this competition for the purposes of conducting the competition, awarding any prizes and possible future promotions.
Murraylands and Riverland Landscape Board
Unit 5-6, Level 1 Sturt Centre, 2 Sturt Reserve Road, Murray Bridge, SA, 5253
08 8532 9100