For schools and teachers
If your school or class is already undertaking an environmental theme or unit of work, contact an Education Officer to talk about suitable resources and how the program can add value to those lessons.
2024 information pack
Download the 2024 information pack and find out how the education team can add value to your lessons and involve your students in conserving and caring for our local landscapes.
2024 Education program calendar
Download the 2024 Education Program Calendar featuring regent parrot photos, and artwork from high school students and landscape board staff. For the best print result, set print settings to landscape, A4, print at actual size, colour, 2 sided and flip on long edge.
Resources to borrow
Download the Loan kits and equipment catalogue here which outlines educational kits, equipment and books you can borrow to add value to teaching your students about our local landscapes.
Facilitate class field trips and guest speakers
The Education team can assist teachers with identifying suitable locations for class field trips and provide information and initiate contact with environmental professionals who can assist with topic specific field trips.
Young Environmental Leaders (YEL) Program
The Young Environmental Leaders program provides students with opportunities to learn about their local environment and develop as leaders in their school community.
Participation in the YEL program helps students to develop skills including public speaking, while also creating a connection to and respect for the environment. The program is free and open to students in years 5 and 6.
Learn more about YEL here.
Provide professional development
The Education team works to provide relevant professional development on a wide range of environmental topics. Teachers are able to immerse themselves in the theme and take away skills and knowledge which will assist in sharing back at school with students and peers.
We also support schools with:
- developing a school environmental management plan to ensure long-term sustainability of programs and projects
- links to expertise, resources, grants, contacts and loan equipment for environmental sustainability projects
- implementing the principles of Education for Sustainability and engaging the whole school
- visits and meetings with principals and staff to discuss needs and opportunities.
Our team can also provide the following support and assistance to your school:
- one on one support
- assist with providing contacts and technical advice about local on-ground projects that students can be involved with
- work with student environmental groups
- connect students and/or staff with nature
- provide resources for the development of sustainable food gardens and bush tucker gardens.
Murraylands and Riverland Landscape Board
28 Vaughan Terrace, Berri, 5343
08 8580 1800