Sorry, your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly.

Microsoft no longer supports Internet Explorer. Please download their replacement Edge or another modern browser such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox. This site will not be fully functional using Internet Explorer.

Permits and licences

Information about water licence forms are available through the Department for Environment and Water’s website.

Water affecting activities need to be managed carefully, and may require a permit.

  • To apply for an activity relating to dam works, construction and excavation in and around watercourses, destroying vegetation in and around a watercourse and discharging water into a watercourse, please visit our water affecting activities webpage for more information.
  • To apply for an activity relating to wells, well driller's licences, notations of interest, using effluent or imported water and general meter testing, please use a statewide form.